3. haute designs by Lindsie Jones.
Haute Bride is a lovely boutique here on Union Street that showcases Lindsie’s one of a kind hand made jewelry. I am in-love with everything in the place!
1. I have this love for chickens, not the kind that collects ceramic versions or tea pots shaped like chickens but actual bug eating, egg laying, chickens. I love those clucking birds! So to my surprise and thanks to a favorite blog design mom I stumbled upon this little gem. It is a hen house made by a company called Omlet. FABULOUS!
2. we are once again living in a place where we can ride our bikes! YAY!! as an added bonus the kids are almost able to join us although Leah will want to hitch a ride on the back which sounds good to me! I saw this beauty and fell in-love!
3. I have loved this bed for too long now. It is made from reclaimed barn wood which is amazing! and I have always felt that I will be a grown up when I have an actual new exactly what I want head board…for now I will live young!
I know this is a random blog post but I hope you enjoy it!
1. kids and the fascination with the Easter bunny.
2. dying Easter eggs… it still is soooo much fun for me.
3. being a mom. and being reminded what it means to believe in magic.
p.s. I don’t have any images from Easter because I was too busy enjoying each and every moment. but I do have some pics from the annual Easter day festival on Union Street.
At first I will be honest, I am so used to Simon Cowell putting up the “strange” looking, untalented (to be kind) and over the top characters for us all to laugh at that I was ready for the worst.just saying that feels gross.
but then when you watch her, the humble and yet confident way she knows that she is about to blow the minds of everybody. Then the amazing voice, with the most amazing song and then the best part… she just blows kisses to everyone and contently walks off the stage. Not expecting to be praised, not expecting to be a star…she did it. She nailed it and that is what she came to do.
I have watched this video 10 times a day, the hairs on my legs are unfortunately long from the goose bumps. I had the pleasure of feeling just one tear drop ever so slowly down my cheek and remembering a song that has moved me to tears so many other times before and sung better than I have ever heard before.
Mostly though for me it is a reminder that being a “rockstar” is not the fruit that talent is supposed to yield. It is a gift that is to be honored through expression alone. Even if you just sing to your cats.
Susan Boyle thank you for the reminder and the re-set of this artist… I am forever grateful and privileged to witness your amazing gift.
I know I have bee LAZY in regards to blogging and I wish I had a better excuse cause I do have TONS to blog, but I think I sort of got caught up with the other two children in my business, facebook and twitter, and I have been neglecting my favorite child…this blog. I promise to be a better parent, in fact I believe soon this baby is going to grow up a bit with a new look and style!
Tutt and I have been busy redoing the website which is almost done, Robyn and I have been busy putting Verite’s website on and then off the to-do lists like champs, and
in the middle our email is down! YUCK!
I can be reached by my personal (which is mostly for spam) email@example.com.
I promise to have lot’s of posts and beautiful pics to share with you all very soon!